Cooperative Financial and Governance CPE course
The aim of this course is to equip accountants with the knowledge to advise clients on setting up and managing co-operatives effectively.Register for course
This short course is designed to equip accountants with the knowledge to advise clients on setting up and managing co-operatives effectively.
Key topics covered throughout the programme will include:
- The Cooperative Identity, Values & Principles.
- The Role of Cooperatives in our Economic Development.
- The Cooperative Model as a viable business model
- Knowing when a cooperative is the best option
- Establishing & Registering a Cooperative
- The Financial Structure of a Cooperative
- Cooperative Legislation
- The Role of the Board of Cooperatives
- The Role of the Central Cooperative Fund
This course is being held on the 30th November at 1400 – 1700 hrs at Hilltop Gardens, Naxxar.
Certification will be provided to all participants upon completion of course.
Part-Time - 3 hrs
What you'll learn
1. Daniel Schembri - Chief Executive Officer at Koperattivi Malta
2. Rennie Azzopardi - Director at The Cooperatives Board
3. Marvin Zammit - Secretary at the Central Cooperative Fund
4. Antoine Naudi - Founding Member at Naudi Mizzi and Associates Advocates
5. Jean Paul Debono - Managing Partner at Debono & Associates: Certified Public Accountants
6. Arthur Douglas Turner - Managing Partner at Parker Russell Turner: Certified Public Accountants and Auditors
This course is open to all those who wish to gain an understanding of the financial and governance requirements of a cooperative.