Cooperative Accounting for the Non-Accountants
This course is designed to assist those persons who are interested in cooperatives or are already cooperative members, to better understand the financial management of local cooperatives.Register for course
This course is designed to assist those persons who are interested in cooperatives or are already cooperative members, to better understand the financial management of local cooperatives. Ensuring sound financial practices, and understanding basic accounting principles are vital to achieving and maintaining cooperative financial health.
This programme is aimed to empower non-financial persons to develop the needed knowledge and skills at forming and maintaining a cooperative, and will be delivered in a simple and relatable manner, without unnecessary financial jargon.
Certification will be provided to all participants upon completion of course.
Part-Time - 3 hrs
What you'll learn
- The local cooperative regulatory framework and governing bodies
- Cooperatives' financial requirements as per current legislation
- The financial structure of cooperatives, including options of participation as members as well as distribution of shares
- Basic and sound accounting practices
- Analysing financial statements
- Analysing financial audits
- Equity management
- Local and available sources of funds and other financial support
This course is open to all those who wish to gain an understanding of the financial requirements of a cooperative, including council members, sub-committees and managers